Tuesday 13 November 2012

My First Jeffrey Campbell Experience.

I caved...

Since the start of 2012, I have been debating on whether or not to purchase a pair of Jeffrey Campbells...

The reason I resisted is mostly because I felt guilty about spending so much on a pair of shoes (even though they are beautiful), and also because they became really popular.

Now that doesn't mean that I didn't want a pair because they were popular, it was more the fact that I didn't want to spend a fortune on a pair of shoes that everyone I knew had.

As i say, I gave in to the pressure of wanting to own the beauties, and the ones I chose are only stocked on three different websites. Right now I have an absolute obsession with anything Skull related, so the Skull Leather Lita's were a must have.


Jeffrey Campbell Skull Litas - £180

Can I firstly say, I am bias as I love nearly every pair of Jeffrey Campbell shoes ever created, but still.. THEY ARE AMAZING.

I bought them online from https://www.lazyoaf.co.uk/ which I haven't ordered from before. I ordered them on Thursday night, and they arrived at 10am(ish) on Monday morning, with the delivery only costing £3.99! Also LazyOaf really does have some gorgeous clothing and I will definitely be ordering from them again in the future.

Another positive about LazyOaf is that other sites such as Oxygen Boutique stock the Skull Lita's at at a similar price, however their delivery was much longer and more expensive. Also, they do not specify if they are in American, European or UK sizes - Major put-off!


Firstly, The packaging.


Gorgeous, really good quality box, sturdy with a lovely design, and if you're like me, the design of the packaging is a huge selling point as it adds to the whole experience, and when you spend that much on a pair of shoes, you expect an experience!

The shoes were carefully wrapped separately with extra skull studs and a note from the company which again, added to the excitement of the whole thing.

 'Watch it lady, our studded shoes are spikey, please be careful'

They fit perfectly, I'm usually a UK size 6 in flats and a 7 in heels, So i opted for the 7, not wanting to risk disappointment, so I would suggest getting the bigger size if you're like me and are in between the two.

The morning I received them, I didn't take them off all day and they are extremely comfy because of the secret platform, but extremely HIGH. I'm around 5 foot 10 inches without heels, so you can imagine with a 5inch heel and a 2inch platform, I am rather huge with them on, but if you're like me, don't let that put you off. 

They are made from real leather, and the skull studs feel securely attached. Leather is huge this season, along with studs, therefore they will go perfect with any winter wardrobe, evening or to spice up something causal.

I can't wait to wear them properly on a night out as they will seriously dress up even the most casual of outfits and certainly turn heads.

Overall, they are very pricey, but more than worth it for the quality of the shoe and the uniqueness of the design. I would definitely recommend spending that little bit more for a pair of these, so far I haven't been disappointed in the slightest, and I will certainly be buying more from the brand to add to my soon to be collection!





3 comments:

  1. these are beautiful *.* not that i'd wear them myself haha but they are definitely a statement piece. one of a kind :) x

    http://wecanwaitforthesun.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THESE SHOES!! literally stunning, I'm having maaaajor shoe envy! I would love if you could check out my blog and maybe give me a follow :) xx

    http://fromtopshoptotemperley.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete