Monday 10 February 2014

LONDON LIVING

So I've been in my new temporary home for just under two weeks now and so far I'm absolutely loving it. Its been the busiest but best two weeks that I've ever had and its going so so fast. Our accommodation is pretty basic with possibly the worst shower in the world and a slight smell of dead rodent, but its liveable. Plus there's nothing better than living with some of your favourite people which results in never ending banter and limitless amounts of clothes to share. My first weekend in London consisted of some sightseeing and then of course, a night out. Armed with a £4 bottle of wine each containing the highest alcohol percentage my flatmates and I could find, we ventured out into Shoreditch. It was possibly one of the funniest nights out I've had in a while, involving making best friends with a taximan, falling through doors and sliding up and down the accommodation hallways.. plus Ailish found her watch the next morning..... in the fridge......


Work has been fun and sometimes challenging, but my manager and the girls I'm working with are lovely which makes it all a lot less scary. It is so amazing to finally be a part of the industry, even just as an intern. During my first week I got to sit in during meetings with buyers as well as doing a lot of admin work and merchandising. However, just as I started to get used to my morning commute, BAM... tube strikes. This meant having to leave the flat at 6.45am to make it to work for 9am, and not getting home til 10 at night because of the traffic/shitty buses/overcrowding. This would be a struggle for the best of us but for me it was extremely painful, as if you know me at all, you'll know how much I HATE getting up early BUT I SURVIVED and I arrived on time everyday, YEY. Strikes are scheduled again for this Wednesday/Thursday and the dread is beginning to set in.... but at least now I won't be so clueless with directions as I'm starting to get to grips with the City. Despite the tube disasters, the week ended on a high when I was told my by manager that I'm getting a full pass to FASHION WEEK, which means not only am I going with work, but I also get to go at the weekend to hopefully spot some bloggers and find some famous people, which makes all the early mornings and hours lost on the bus totally worth it!
  
The weekend kicked of with a trip to Covent Garden after work with the gals which involved a ShakeShack, a cocktail to celebrate surviving our first working week and a wander through Leicester Square. On Saturday we then went to Portobello road market which I loved and after getting lost on the tube we finally went round to a friends for some drinks. On Sunday we braved the hangover and went into my favourite part of London for a wander, Camden. I love it because everyone looks so cool and the majority of my favourite bands have played there at some point in their career... I definitely could see myself living there in the future.

After my first near enough two weeks, I don't know how It can get any better and I will definitely be gutted to leave after the nine weeks is over, but hopefully next time I come down it will be for much longer if not indefinitely... fingers crossed!

Watch out later on this week for a 'What I wore to work this week' post and then the next one will no doubt be a post containing A LOT of fangirling over Fashion Week... You've been warned. 


5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love it! It must be amazing to live in London! I've only ever dreamed about it - plus with friends which would be awesome. Make sure to take lots of photos at fashion week!!

    Ally xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yeah I'm having a blast, don't want to go home!! Oh I will, they should be up on Wednesday if you keep an eye out! xxx

      Delete
  2. really cool photos, sounds like you're having an amazing experience X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah I'm loving it!

      I'll have a little look at your blog :) x

      Delete