Saturday 22 February 2014

Popping my fashion week cherry....

Like i said in my last post, time down here in London for me is flying. It slightly scares me that I only have roughly another month left until I have to leave, plus it felt like just yesterday that I was dreaming about going to fashion week, and now its all over. I had the amazing opportunity to access a fast track buyers pass, which was given to me by the company I'm interning for. I had one show to visit with work, and the rest of it was up to me to explore. So on Saturday morning I braved the wind and rain and ventured to Someset House to see what and who I could find.


DAY 2 - SATURDAY
I loved my OOTD on Saturday, it was simple but played up with accessories such as my favourite hat, which I unfortunately lost infront of everyone at Someset House due to the bloody wind (cringe), As well as a chunky necklace and my favourite heeled boots.


The top and skirt are both absolute steals from Forever 21, and I also got my boots from the River Island sale, making the outfit probably one of the cheapest going about on the day.

From the minute I arrived off the bus, everyone in and around Someset House looked amazing, and I genuinely spent the majority of my time there just staring at them all and thinking about how much I envied all of their effortless style.

I then happened to hear some familiar Scottish accents from the distance, which turned out to be some of my favourite bloggers/instagrammers etc: Sherri Scott, also known as: http://foreveryoursbetty.com and http://www.beewaits.com/. I did feel like a bit of a tool just appearing and introducing myself but they couldn't of been lovelier.


I then spent the rest of the day roaming around into all of the different parts of the grounds and seeing who I could spot, as well as getting papped by a few fellow bloggers and internet peeps, which was all new and a tad scary. This included spotting quite a few models as well as Myleen Klass. I enjoyed the networking side and meeting new people, and also got to go and view the showrooms, which were full to the brim with new and exiciting designers which I'll definitely be keeping an eye on.


DAY 4 - MONDAY

Jump to day four, as day three I was far too hungover to venture out anyhwere, I got to visit the Mother of Pearl show with the girls from work. It was all rather exciting as it was my first ever proper show, and I was in for a treat. As the models decended one by one, I fell in love with the collection wholeheartadly. The look below on the right was one of my personal favourites and the embelished skirt was even more beautiful in real life.




As for my outfit, I was to wear black, which I never complain about. So i went for a simple black Zara dress from last season, again purchased in the sale... for £17.99 (Yes, I know). With my black topshop brouges, my Asos gold watch and my favourite Zara Coat.  I spotted some bloggers and familar faces at the presentation, and it was all very cool. Again I was slightly jealous of the numerious Celine, Givinchey and Prada bags being worn with pride by many of the guests - one day.



I absolutely loved the fashion week buzz around during LFW as it attracted so many stylish and interesting people to the city. It was definitely an exciting time to live in London and hopefully i'll be able to make it down again for next season as it definitely has me hooked. The girls at work are now getting ready to leave for Paris on Wednesday, and its unreal how jealous I am, but staying in London means that I get a week off to rest and hopefully start this dreaded Uni report, as thrilling as that will be...........

This weekend the girls and I are heading out again on Saturday night as well as doing some more exploring of different parts of the city, which will hopefully involve a visit to the highly rated Breakfast Club and maybe even Krispy Kreme....

My next post will probably be a short review of my favourite pieces from LFW, so have a look out for that over the weekend!


1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun. I'm massively jealous.

    Lisa xo | lisaandfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete