Tuesday 23 October 2012

LDN, Winter Coat and MAC review.

Visited my favourite place in the world for a few days last week: London. Spent most of the time falling in love with the city, there's just something about it that makes me feel at home.


One thing I love most about London, other than the shopping, is wide variety of style, all in one place.

I did a fair bit of shopping, including finally purchasing my winter jacket


Topshop Parka - £95

I am honestly in love with this parka, it is 100% worth the money and its really on trend at the moment with the Mod/Military style. Its cosy and the fur detail in the hood and lining is definitely the selling point for me, it really makes it stand out from the other (much cheaper) parkas on the high street at the moment. 

Personally I find it especially difficult to get the right winter coat, I want it to be warm, preferably long and with a hood without looking frumpy. This completely fits my specs and more.

 One thing I would say is the sizing runs quite large, I know the whole point is that it is meant to be over-sized  but I'm usually a size 10 in jackets, even a 12 - and this is only an 8, and its still really roomy. 


Parka again.

I spent the rest of my time, generally trying to control myself around Bond Street and Selfridges. Nearly blew my life savings (or lack of) on a beautiful pair of Louboutins and a Vivienne Westwood purse. I managed to be good though. 

One thing I did buy, was some new make-up from the MAC counter in Selfridges. 

MAC Matte Lipstick in MEHR - £14

I adore MAC lipsticks, and matte lipsticks in general. I was looking for a new day-to-day pink lipstick after my matte Chanel  ran out.  (can't remember the shade)

This lipstick is lovely, it looks especially nice on pale skin as it really makes the pink pigment stand out. MAC describes it as a 'Dirty Blue Pink', It reminds me a bit of Cosmo, but better because of the matte finish. It lasted all day, with a slight touch up after eating. The thing I love about it is even though its matte, its really creamy and doesn't dry out my lips like other similar ones that I've tried. 

It can be worn on its own for everyday, but also with a smokey eye for night, as the colour isn't too strong. 


MAC Matte Blush in MOCHA - £17

I bought this as I was looking for a blush which was pink, but not too bright and shimmery like my Clinique - Precious Posy 110. This definitely fits the bill. Its described as a plum-pink. It blends easily and it doesn't look too bright on my pale skin. Personally I love powder blushes, and the texture of this is really soft. The matte effect also means that you are able to create a strong look if you build the colour.. which gives it the appeal of best of both, subtle when you need it. 

Another thing I will say about this blush, is that because it doesn't have any red tones, it works well with uneven skin tones like mine. Which I love!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the parka and the lipstick you paired it with in the first photo! I'm definitely going to try out the MAC Matte Lipstick in MEHR, the colour looks amazing! I look forward to reading your future posts- don't worry, I've bookmarked your fabulous blog!

    P.S. Love the URL

    www.lestyleconnoisseur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      I'll give you a follow, love your blog!

      Delete
  2. Just discovered your blog and I love it :) deffo need the parka and lipstick now, they both look lovely on you! Is the hood on the parka removable without taking the fur lining off aswell? I'd wear the lining but not too sure on the hood! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry that its took so long... Thank you!
      Nope, you can separate the fur, hood and lining from the parka... which leaves just the outside and hood (without the fur) but you can take the hood off. Xx

      Delete