Tuesday 25 February 2014

You sound like you're from.... East London?

This weekend myself and Chloe (A.K.A the midget/dinosaur) decided to have a wander through Shoreditch, including a visit to the infamous Bricklane. Its well known for its street art and fashion, so it was a definite must see for me!

Being in-between seasons, my goal for Spring/Summer this year is to invest in more colour for my wardobe, as you may have noticed I am a self confessed lover of anything and everything black. I did try my best on Saturday to add a little colour into my OOTD, and since it was not only quite sunny, but warm.. I got the chance to wear my sunglasses for the first time this year! I really like this outfit because it definitely is more summery than anything I've been wearing recently, which is a nice change after what feels like an age wearing numerous layers of jumpers.




Trousers : Missguided | Kimono : Missguided | Boots : River Island | Jacket : Topshop | Bag : Zara
Sunglasses : Camden Market | Necklace : Topshop


Bricklane has a really good vibe to it. The street art was like something you see in magazines, and it definitely adds to the character of the area. That coupled with some amazing vintage shops, and I was sold. The day was then topped off by a visit to the Drunken Monkey for some cheap but amazing Dim Sum. Night brought round another visit to Shoreditch, to a club called Cargo - which we naturally loved due to the RnB room playing some cheesy classics.... Rap battling with Londoners was probably the highlight of the night for me.


 On Sunday, again like the week before, the hangover giggles were in full swing and we decided to finally visit The Breakfast Club in Hoxton. I have no words for how much it made me feel human again after another cheap bottle of sainsbury's 'finest' wine... we queued for about half an hour, but it was definitely worth it. I had an All American breakfast and an 'Elvis Shake' (Peanutbutter, banana, vanilla ice cream - the lot). If anyones ever in London, this is a must.

I'm really enjoying having my weekends free, which I've not been used to in the past. Plus there's no better place to spend them than a place where there is literally so much to do! I'm not homesick in the slighest, but I do wish I could relocate all of my friends to down here, because I know how much they'd all love it! Next weekend though two of my favourite people from home are coming down for a visit, which I'm extremely excited about... as well as hopefully a visit to Chelsea! (Francis Boulle/Andy Jordan - Watch out)

2 comments:

  1. I got the same sunglasses from Camden hahaha! Loving your oufit and I love your hair xx

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha really? 7 quid... not bad at all! Thank you, I'll give your blog a look! :) x

      Delete